Join p-12 teachers, school administrators, preservice teachers, and college faculty for a day of learning, sharing, and networking!
About this event
RESCHEDULED FOR OCTOBER 1, 2022
3rd Annual Environmental Sustainability Education (ESE) Teacher Summit hosted by The College of New Jersey School of Education, and curated by Louise Ammentorp, Professor Elementary and Early Childhood Education .
Who should attend?
- Early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school educators and administrators
Light breakfast and lunch
Multiple workshop options lead by teacher leaders in ESE
Example of Planned Workshops:
- Teaching NJ Climate Change Impacts & Data Literacy using Place Based Learning
- Gardening for Wildlife in a School Setting
- Incorporating Sustainability Education into your Elementary Classroom
- STEAM and Nature: Using Poetry and Art to encourage Place Based Learning
- Raising Monarch Butterflies
- Combating Existential Dread: Creating Meaningful Activities with Students in an Environmental Club or Class
Attendees will receive a certificate of completion
Dr. Kathleen L. Grant, Assistant Professor at The College of New Jersey in the Department of Counselor Education
How are Students Impacted by the Climate Crisis? Insight into The Experiences of Youth and Strategies to Support Resilience
Registration at: https://TCNJ-ESE-Summit.eventbrite.com
Please George Hefelle for any questions.