Creating Affirming and Inclusive Educational Environments
New Jersey public schools are now legally responsible for providing a LGBTQ-inclusive curriculum and teaching middle and high school students about the political, economic, and social contributions of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people. As a result, New Jersey teachers have a unique opportunity to explore gender and sexuality not only in history classes, but across the curriculum.
This four hour intensive will examine how teachers can break through bias and provide an appropriate curriculum aligned with the new laws, while supporting all students who are still grappling with understanding and embracing the uncertainty in education. By the end of this workshop you will have learned to :
- Break Binaries and Bias
- Create Equitable Classrooms and Lesson Plans
- Customize your LGBTQ Content Curriculum
- How to best support LGBTQ youth for the 2021-2022 school year.
Fee: $200.00 – materials and certificate of completion included
Dates and Times: Workshop is 4 hours total, offered in two, 2 hour slots. All sections take place on consecutive Wednesdays.
- Section 1: October 20 and 27, 2021: 3:00pm to – 5:00pm
- Section 2: October 20 and 27, 2021: 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Section 3: November 17 and 24, 2021: 3:00pm to – 5 :00pm
- Section 4: November 17 and 24, 2021: 6:00pm to – 8:00pm
For example: If you select Section 1 – you will be registered for October 20 and 27, 2021: 3:00pm to – 5:00pm
Pay by check, purchase order or credit card. Workshop is interactive and your active participation is encouraged. This is not a webinar lecture.
Learn about New Jersey requirements at: https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/gardenstateequality/pages/1436/attachments/original/1548960071/A1335-S1569_fact_sheet.pdf?1548960071